Closing date: 22/09/2021 at 12:00
Job Start Date: 01/11/2021
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade B
Hours of Work: 22 hours per week - Monday to Thursday (inc 1/2 hr lunch cover)
Location of Role: droxford junior school
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Droxford Junior School is a successful village school set in the Meon Valley. The children here are wonderful and the staff are experienced, creative and proactive. We are seeking an enthusiastic, resourceful and conscientious Learning Support Assistant who will join the team and could make a real impact in the classroom setting. The successful applicant will support the Year 3/4 team. Primarily, we are seeking an experienced teaching assistant who has had experience of supporting children with autism. They will be required to work closely in a team led by experienced staff in English and Mathematics lessons during the morning and supporting in lessons in the afternoons. There will be half an hour lunch cover required each day.
The successful candidate will also
- have GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- have experience of working with children in Primary / Junior Schools
- has had or is able to work 1:1 effectively with children
- able to motivate and engage all children
- be able to use their initiative and be resourceful
- be a strong team member
- have patience and strong communication skills
- has a good understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
We can offer
- Engaged and motivated children willing to learn and have fun
- A supportive and hardworking professional team
- A reflective school, always looking for ways to improve and strengthen its practice
- A stunning educational setting
To request an application pack, please phone the school office on 01489 877537 or email: email@example.com.
To find out more about our school please contact the office to arrange a visit in September.
Interviews for the post will take place on Wednesday 29th September 2021
Droxford Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.