Closing date: 29/09/2021 at 12:00
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade E £26,544 FTE
Hours of Work: 30hrs split shift - 7.00am-10.00am and 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Location of Role: St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Aided Junior School
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the retirement of our Site Manager, we are looking for someone who will take personal pride in the appearance of our school site, both inside and outside.
Do you have excellent practical skills and an eye for detail?
Energy and enthusiasm?
Excellent time management skills?
Are you proactive, well organised, flexible and able to work on your own initiative?
Do you have good communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude?
The role includes:
* Responsibility for the security of the site and buildings, including acting as lead key holder
*Ensuring Health & Safety systems are in place so that all practices and emergency procedures are safe and adhere to requirements, including weekly, monthly and termly checks
* Provide a caretaking service, undertaking minor repairs, maintenance and decoration tasks
* Developing and managing a programme of planned and preventative maintenance
* Liaising with contractors, including cleaning staff, and overseeing specialist work, monitoring performance and raising any issues
* Lead on the development of the school site, managing larger projects when appropriate
* Some stock management and administration, including the need to be computer literate
* Some evening and weekend opening may be required
* The role will include some working at heights and moving and handling, appropriate training will be given
We can offer:
A supportive and caring team where staff well-being is foremost
A pleasant working environment and beautiful grounds
Full induction programme, on-going support and training
Local Government Pension Scheme
We would love you to come see our school and warmly encourage visits to the school. Our headteacher, Caroline Welch, would be delighted to show you around.
Please email s.cooper @st-marys-jun.hants.sch.uk to arrange a visit and request an application pack, including a role profile. Please note that school is closed between the 23rd July and 1st September. The email address will be monitored at times during the holiday period.
St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Aided Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.