Hatch Warren Junior School
Learning Support Assistant - Fixed Term for one year
24/08/2020 at 12:00
Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Grade B / C depending on experience
Hours of Work:
30 hours per week 9am-12.45 then 1.15pm - 3.30pm
Location of Role:
Hatch Warren Junior School
Hatch Warren Junior is a three form entry school which serves the Hatch Warren area of Basingstoke. We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our supportive and hardworking team to support the learning of children in class.
- Are you looking for a challenging role where you can support children in developing their resilience and self-help skills?
- Do you enjoy working with children and have a patient and caring nature?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the school?
- Are you able to communicate well and work as part of a team?
- Do you model and maintain a positive attitude?
- Do you have a willingness to learn new skills?
- Can you work closely with and be accountable to the class teacher, who will give guidance on the nature and extent of the support and supervision that the children require?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes…
We are looking for someone who:
Has a professional approach to all aspects of school life
• Possesses excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Has strong levels of literacy and numeracy (at least GCSE grade C in both areas or equivalent)
• Is able to work effectively as part of a successful team, show initiative and be flexible at all times
• Has experience of working with primary aged children
• Has a caring, cheerful and conscientious disposition
• Shows resilience and determination
• Has a good sense of humour
In return we offer
- A school that has a warm, caring ethos
- Happy, well-motivated children
- A skilled and dedicated team committed to doing the best for its children
- A supportive leadership team and governing body with a commitment to your professional development
We encourage and welcome visits to our school and a member of our admin team would be delighted to show you around. To arrange a visit please contact the School Business Manager via the email email@example.com or by calling the office on 01256 328252 to book a tour of the school.
Hatch Warren Junior School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment