Closing date: 21/08/2020 at 12:00
Job Start Date: September 2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Salary Type: Other
Salary Details: £30,894 - £32,555 per annum (based on experience)
Hours of Work: 37hrs per week
Location of Role: Itchen Sixth Form College
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Itchen College is seeking an experienced IT manager to join its existing team. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications,servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
• Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
• Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
• Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
• Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
• Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
• Train and develop employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
• Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
• Professional certifications
Please complete an Itchen College support staff application form available from our website at www.itchen.ac.uk. Please note CVs will not be accepted as an alternative form of application and will not be placed into shortlisting.
Itchen Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.