Closing date: 16/07/2020 at 17:00
Job Start Date: 01/09/2020
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade B
Hours of Work: 25 hours 15 mins per week: 5 mornings, 3 afternoons (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) plus 2 lunch duties
Location of Role: Bishop's Waltham Junior School
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and professional person to work in our school supporting a child (in class) with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
The successful candidate will be supporting a child, who has profound hearing loss, to take a full and active part in the curriculum. The pupil, who will be in Y5 in September, has delayed speech, language and communication skills and receives ongoing involvement and support from the Hearing Advisory Team.
The post will be fixed-term dependent on the Education, Health and Care Plan.
You will be committed to developing effective working relationships with the child, parents and staff, while contributing to the individual pupil's development and to working with the Class Teacher to support the pupil across a wide range of activities.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with children with SEN within a school setting
• Have relevant experience/qualifications to support the child with her development
• Understand the importance of working to the individual targets as detailed in the child's individual plan
• Be able to use their initiative to meet the needs of the pupil, whilst maintaining our inclusive ethos
• Have excellent communication skills, relating well to children, colleagues and parents
• Be resilient, flexible, organised and resourceful
• Have a calm, positive and kind approach
• Be able to demonstrate a good sense of humour
• Have a clear understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
• Be competent with written/spoken English and mathematics (GCSE grade C (or equivalent) or above)
We can offer:
• Training needed to fulfil this role
• A highly supportive and dedicated team
• A strong caring ethos
• Children who thrive on praise and are eager to progress through exciting learning
Overview of role:
• 5 mornings and 3 afternoons supporting pupil (1:1) in class
Unfortunately, visits to the school are not possible at this time. If you would like an application pack or would like to discuss this role further, please contact the school office to make an appointment to speak with the Head or Deputy Head over the phone. The school website is also an excellent source of information - www.bwjunior.hants.sch.uk.
Tel No. 01489 892368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop's Waltham Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.