Closing date: 16/07/2020 at 12:00
Job Start Date: September 2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Support Staff Grade C (FTE)
Hours of Work: 32.5 hours per week, term time only.
Location of Role: St Bede C of E Primary School, Winchester
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Our school motto is ‘Growing Together.’ Are you looking for an opportunity to inspire our children in achieving the highest standards academically, personally and socially? Are you keen to develop professionally working in a supportive and stimulating environment? The Governors at St. Bede Church of England Primary School wish to appoint a committed and enthusiastic senior LSA to join our team. This role, created due to the retirement of a previous member of staff, is suitable for an experienced, dedicated and ambitious LSA.
Working as a strategic partner with the Winchester Teaching School Alliance, providing Initial Teacher Training through the School Direct programme, we would also welcome applications from graduates who may be interested in pursuing a future career in teaching and who have an interest in supporting and working with children and supporting teachers at the school.
St. Bede is an exciting school to work at. Our children are a delight to teach, display excellent learning behaviours and achieve very high standards. We are committed to providing a broad and rich experience for all our children. We have a very supportive community who help provide a wonderful, rich learning environment for the pupils.
We are looking for a senior learning support assistant who:
• Has high expectations, a love of learning and a commitment to inspiring children to achieve their very best.
• Is able to teach small groups and whole class groups to a high standard, following planning provided by class teachers.
• Is committed to personalising learning to meet the individual needs of children, ensuring that they all make best progress.
• Is an experienced LSA with a proven track record of effective and inspiring group and whole class teaching.
• Is creative, enthusiastic and resilient.
• Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Is a great team player who would really enjoy contributing to the life of the school.
• Is supportive of our values and ethos as a Church of England Primary School.
• Has the training to provide ELSA support to pupils or an interest in undertaking training to do so.
• Has an interest in or experience of leading library provision, promoting a love of reading across the school.
In return we can offer:
• A friendly, welcoming and inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos.
• Excellent working environment with good resources.
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children.
• A supportive and motivated leadership and staff team.
• The opportunity for continued professional development.
• Dedicated and protected time for carrying out specific roles (such as ELSA and library leadership)
St. Bede Church of England Primary School is an exciting place to work - come for a visit and see us in action! Mrs Jo Bryan (School Business Manager) will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.
An application pack is available electronically from the school website at: http://www.stbedewinchester.co.uk/job-vacancies/
St Bede Church of England Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.