Park Community School
Assistant Headteacher from April 2020 (or earlier)
19/11/2019 at 17:00
Job Start Date:
Permanent , Full-time
Leadership L9-13 (£50,028-£55,203) HCC paypoint LDR 17-25
Hours of Work:
Location of Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Assistant Headteacher to work closely with other members of the Senior Leadership Team. You will lead in aspects of school life, for example teaching and learning and raising standards of attainment.
We are characterised by an ambitious drive for excellence centred on the school’s vision of ‘Success for All through Attainment, Resilience and Autonomy’.
You will be:
- passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our students
- possess the drive, passion and commitment to lead whole school change whilst maintaining a positive disposition in the support of others
- have a relentless commitment to upholding, nurturing and living out the school’s ethos
- a people orientated leader, able to inspire commitment, enthusiasm and collegiality from all stakeholders
We offer a fantastic working environment, where staff well-being is truly valued. We believe we are ‘much more than just a school’. Recent national and local awards and Ofsted support that view. We are also the lead school in The Solent SCITT.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to the development of the school’s vision and policy as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Strategic leadership and development of the areas of responsibility making strategic evaluations of your impact through this role.
- Leading and managing staff towards achieving the school’s goals.
- Providing excellent leadership across the areas of responsibility; managing, guiding and motivating teachers and support staff.
- Raising standards of student attainment and achievement.
- Ensuring school Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to and used to achieve high standards.
- Enhancing the practice of staff by being an example of good practice and a role model across the school.
- Coaching and modelling good teaching for other staff as necessary to raise standards.
- Being a visible presence around the school contributing to a calm purposeful atmosphere, including taking a lead in addressing out of lesson behaviour.
- Helping develop the practice of others.
- Effectively developing, managing and deploying teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the areas of responsibility, ensuring outcomes are evaluated and acted upon.
- Teaching students within the school and carrying out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Headteacher.
- Ensuring all staff that you line manage follow school policies and procedures.
For an application form please visit https://www.pcs.hants.sch.uk/employment.php
To arrange a tour, please email Jane Alder (PA to Headteacher) at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Park Community School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment