Closing date: 05/11/2019 at 12:00
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: LSA1 Grade 3
Salary Pro-Rata: £9180
Hours of Work: PT 25 hours per week; term time.
Location of Role: School
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Droxford Junior School is a successful village school set in the Meon Valley. The children here are wonderful and the staff are experienced, creative and proactive. We are seeking an enthusiastic, resourceful and conscientious Learning Support Assistant who will join the team and could make a real impact in the classroom setting. The successful applicant will support the year 3/4 team in the mornings for Maths and English and in the afternoons will support 1:1 for a year 5 pupil. Primarily, we are seeking an experienced teaching assistant who has had experience of supporting children with autism.
The successful candidate will also
- have GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- have experience of working with children in Primary / Junior Schools
- has had or is able to work 1:1 effectively with children
- able to motivate and engage all children
- be able to use their initiative and be resourceful
- be a strong team member
- have patience and strong communication skills
- has a good understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
We can offer
- well behaved, motivated children who thrive on exciting learning
- an engaging, motivating an inspiring curriculum and learning environment
- planned, high quality CPD opportunities
- a well-resourced school, with a supportive, fun, forward thinking team
To make an appointment to visit the school and / or receive further information such as an application pack, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, giving a brief pen portrait of yourself highlighting relevant information to this vacancy and your work in education (where possible), including your telephone contact details.
Droxford Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.