Closing date: 07/11/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: December 2019
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade C. Actual: £17,429 – £18,357
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 07:00 – 10:30 & 14:30 – 18:30 (35 hours per week). 52 weeks.
Location of Role: Weeke Primary School
Children are at the heart of what we do at Weeke Primary School. Weeke is a vibrant and popular school where children enjoy a rich and diverse range of experiences and achieve well in a caring and respectful environment.
Following the retirement of the existing post holder, we are seeking to appoint an excellent, committed and enthusiastic Premises Officer for our happy and successful school. The ideal candidate will need to be hard working, dependable, able to use own initiative and show flexibility in their approach to their duties. A range of practical and DIY skills are essential to ensure our schools are safe and well maintained for our pupils and staff.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work alongside the outgoing post holder to ensure a smooth transition. Full training will be provided for the right candidate. The post is Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week; 07:00 – 10:30 and 14:30 – 18:30, 52 weeks per year.
The successful candidate will:
- Will take pride in their work and pride in making the school look its best
- Will be able to effectively manage the school site, grounds and buildings
- Act as the school’s Health and Safety representative
- Will carry out all health and safety checks and maintain accurate ongoing records
- Be principle key holder for the school; responsible for access to, and security of, the school site including emergency and out of hours call outs
- Undertake a range of minor repairs, maintenance and decorating
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times, by overseeing the cleaning contractors duties
- Monitor cleaning/maintenance stock and ordering supplies
- Work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and the school
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. For further information and an application pack containing job description, person specification and school details; please contact Mr Robert Harrison, Business Manager, on 01962 882710 or email@example.com.
Interviews will be held on Friday 11th October 2019.
Weeke Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.