Closing date: 05/09/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: November 2019
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade B. Actual Salary: £8,016.35 - £8,131.58.
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, term time only.
Location of Role: Weeke Primary School
Children are at the heart of what we do at Weeke Primary School. Weeke is a vibrant and popular school where children enjoy a rich and diverse range of experiences and achieve well in a caring and respectful environment.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent, committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to support the needs of pupils in our school in receipt of additional support for Special Education Needs. You will join our experienced and committed team, supporting and contributing to our high expectations of learning and behaviour.
Primarily, this role will be class-based working 1:1 with an EYFS child but may involve small focused group work and individual 1:1 intervention programmes in and outside of the classroom to enhance the learning of pupils. You will work under the direct guidance of the class teacher and will be supported by the school's Assistant Headteacher.
The post is fixed-term for as long as the child remains on our School roll or while the EHCP/ additional funding is maintained. Further employment may be possible after this depending on the needs of the School at the time.
The successful candidate will:
- Enthuse and inspire children to learn
- Be committed to working with children, responding to their needs intuitively and sensitively
- Have high expectations and a calm, positive attitude
- Be an excellent team player and be able to work independently and with initiative
- Be professional, organised, patient and understanding
- Have GCSE Grade C English and maths or equivalent
- Understand confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
Essential requirements for this post include:
- Previous experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs in an educational setting
- Excellent oral and communication skills
Desirable requirements for this post are:
- An NVQ qualification or similar
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs in a mainstream or special school setting.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. For further information and an application pack containing job description, person specification and school details; please contact Mr Robert Harrison, Business Manager, on 01962 882710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weeke Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.