Castle Hill Primary School - Hampshire Country Council Maintained School
Receptionist and Admin Assistant
10/12/2023 at 17:00
Job Start Date:
Permanent , Part-time
EHCC depending on experience (FTE between £22,115 and £24,140)
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week (8am - 4pm Monday - Friday) term time only + 1 week (40 weeks a year)
Location of Role:
Castle Hill Primary School - Rooksdown Campus
We are seeking to recruit an excellent Administration Assistant. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone to work with an outstanding team in a supportive, challenging but friendly environment. No two days are the same, the Admin Team motto is 'Never a dull moment, expect the unexpected!' Ideally, you will have had school-based experience and be proficient in IT programmes such as IBC and Tucasi although training will be given to the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
- has sustained experience working in administration and is passionate about working in a school
- has excellent multi-tasking skills, alongside the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
- is able to work independently under pressure, as well as functioning as part of a team
- is friendly and able to communicate effectively in a warm and professional manner at all times
- is organised and able to prioritise activities, often to tight deadlines
- is able to use their initiative, with a 'can do' approach to resolving problems
- is a multi-tasker who thrives on being busy!
- is able to deal with constant interruptions with a smile on your face
- has previous experience with the IBC system (desirable, but training can be given)
- is able to prioritise and cope with the morning and afternoon rushes
- has excellent communication skills and is confident in liaising with all colleagues, children, parents, and outside agencies
- is IT literate, particularly with Microsoft Office
- has the equivalent of GCSE C or above in Maths and English
- is first aid qualified or prepared to become first aid trained.
Your duties will include:
- being one of the first points of contact dealing with telephone calls, emails, and visitors
- being confident about running the reception for periods on your own
- forming an integral part of the school and will need to embrace our school motto 'Aiming for Excellence.'
- being involved in administrating the various school systems e.g. relating to dinners, trips, appeals, free school meals, and attendance
- providing administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team
- providing first aid treatment and tending to the medical needs of the children
- keeping accurate medical records and equipment
- providing hospitality for our visitors.
We can offer you:
- an excellent learning environment
- highly motivated and well-behaved children
- a talented, supportive, and friendly team
- opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
If you feel Castle Hill Primary School is the place for you, we would love to meet you.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged during term time. If you are interested in applying for the role and have any further questions then please contact the school office during term time at 01256 473777 or email [email protected]
General information about the school and a copy of the application pack is available on our website www.castlehillprimary.net
Castle Hill Primary School - Hampshire Country Council Maintained School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment