Closing date: 11/12/2023 at 12:00
Job Start Date: 02/01/2024
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade D
Hours of Work: 8 hours a week - Fixed until July 2024
Location of Role: Orchard Lea Junior School
Contact e-mail address: [email protected]
We are seeking to appoint an assistant to provide administrative support for our SENDCo. This role will be suited to someone who is experienced in providing support to pupils with Special Educational Needs and has worked in a school setting.
This role will require:
· Supporting with some diagnostic work initially under the supervision of the SENDCo.
· Acting as a link between the school, parents and outside agencies, supporting the SENDCo to liaise with outside agencies and parents to arrange meetings.
· Keeping records of meetings and organising paperwork.
· Working with groups of pupils or individual pupils to deliver specialist programmes of support.
· Working across both schools in our Federation.
We can offer you a friendly new Leadership Team and pupils who are keen to progress. If you would like to visit the schools then please contact the Junior School office to make an appointment. We have some flexibility around the timings of the hours and can discuss this at interview.
Orchard Lea Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.